Thanks for taking an interest in our first Innovation Festival. NWG are really excited to be creating this fantastic showcase of innovative thinking and new technology in Newcastle from 10 -14 July 2017.
A truly unique event, taking six problems and applying design thinking techniques to try to solve them in five action packed days. The focus on innovation will be mashed up with the feeling of a summer festival featuring a tented village and fun events every evening to engage various groups in the North East of England. All held in a truly unique venue.
Highlights from Day 1 and Day 2
The crowd at the festival will include senior managers from Northumbrian Water and CKI group companies including 3, UK Power Network, Northern Gas Network. We will also be inviting other energy and water companies to showcase the innovation of the North East. We have engaged with the local Creative Fuse organisation which brings together the five large universities in the region. They will be using this event as a springboard for the creative and digital businesses in the region. At certain times during the event, we will be opening up the doors to invited groups from schools and universities and other business groups in the region.
Newcastle Racecourse is a spacious and relaxed environment, only 15 minutes from the centre of Newcastle and easily accessible from the A1 and A19. There are a range of accommodation options onsite and nearby and ample parking at the venue. The festival activity will take place in the racecourse’s marquee village, with a selection of different marquees hosting the programme of events for circa 400 people each day of the festival.
In summary: -
- Be part of a truly unique event
- Be at the forefront of NWG’s Strategy
- Establish your company as a Thought Leader at the forefront of innovation
- Influence the industry and be seen as a solution provider for a particular issue
- Promote your organisation before, during and after the event
- Gain a greater organisational insight,
- Identify commercial opportunities and co-create value – interacting with leaders and
- Decision makers from across NWG, CKI and other water utilities
- Build relationships with strategic decision makers
- Expand your talent pool, with attendees from local universities
We hope that you’re inspired to join us!
We are thrilled to be hosting this event in the beautiful natural surroundings of Newcastle Racecourse. Our aim is to inspire the creation of more innovative ideas than any event ever. In order to free our minds, we decided to give the event the feel of a British Summer Festival (think “Bake Off”). The Marquee Village and the first class facilities of the Racecourse are just perfect!
CLICK HERE to download our map for the event.
High Gosforth Park,
Newcastle upon Tyne,